God's everywhere, but not the network! Sometimes we want to break down our PC when a page takes freaking time to load. If you're using a modem or any low speed internet connection, you must be really irriated of your computer. There are many ways to speed up your internet connection. Though the tricks do not significantly increase your internet speed, sometimes even a little boost up can make a huge difference.
First of all, try this easy registry trick, which doesn't work often. If you've tried it already skip to the next procedure.
Procedure 1: Registry Edit
- Now Open Notepad and Type the Following Code into it. Then save the file as Speed.reg (Remember the extension must be .reg)
REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet\Servic es \Tcpip\Parameters] "SackOpts"=dword:00000001 "TcpWindowSize"=dword:0005ae4 c "Tcp1323Opts"=dword:00000003 "DefaultTTL"=dword:00000040 "EnablePMTUBHDetect"=dword: 00000000 "EnablePMTUDiscovery"=dword: 00000001 "GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize"=dw ord:0005ae4c
- Now Execute (open) the file. You are done.This process doesn't really increase the net speed a lot. If it does, it's negligable. What does increase the net speed is the next tweak.
Procedure 2: Changing BPS Flow
First of all go to 'My Computer'. Then right click on blank place and then go to 'Properties'. After that go to the 'Hardware' tab and click 'Device Manager'. Okay, so now as you can see a window of some contents, find the 'Ports' and click on it and then a double click on 'Communication Port'. Then you should notice Communication Port's properties. Go to the 'Port Settings' and Increase the 'Bits Per Second' to the Maximum(i.e. 128000) and Change the 'Flow Control' to 'Hardware'. Check your net speed and see the results. If you're using Mozilla Firefox, then perhaps the next procedure is for you.
Procedure 3: Firefox Tweak
The internet speed can be easily increased a lot by this simple firefox tweak.This procedure is tested and it's working. Here's the tweak.
1. Firstly open Firefox. And in the URL bar type down - about:config and press enter. You'll be prompted to a warning page, press enter again (or simple click on I'll be careful, promise). You will then land on a page consisting of some crappy codes. Don't fear.
2. Now in the search bar (not in Google/Bing search bar, in the search bar at top of the page) type - network.http.pipe. Then a group of coding lines will appear. Amongst them change the value of network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to 32 from its default value just by double clicking on it.
3. And switch the value of network.http.pipelining to true, again by double tapping. Watch the following screenshot for clarification.
4. Now right click on any blank space in the window. Then select New >Boolean. When prompted, enter browser.turbo.enabled as the preference name.
5. Next, in the search bar type browser.turbo.enabled. And double click on browser.turbo.enabled to switch its value to true from false.
6. After that close firefox and start it again. That's it. You've boosted up your net speed, check it out.
There are many other ways to increase internet speed. We'll be updating those tricks and tutorials on this page, so sticked to this page, or bookmark it. If you liked the tricks, please care to share amongst your buddies and come back for more how tos.